Monday, January 08, 2007

Today...

I got my options today and I would say things are about as I expected, not good. Basically, I went from an 80% chance, which the BBBD provided which was affective in the brain, however not in my spine.it couldn't get low enough for me and thhe cancer built up in my spine. So my options would be starting chemo now, and radiation later or radiation now and chemo later. My chances are at 10% now, which means there is a 10% of ridding myself of the cancer itself now. Ultimately, if we do not kill the cancer at some point it will kill me. Scary huh? So that stinks. Hopefully if I can even buy a little time good things may happen. The good news is Jesus called and he is waiting for JJ's arrival at some point. Don't worry we're not giving, its like a man smarter than myself once said "if there's fight left in the dog let'em fight." Myself, my family, my friends, God and the medical staff we're ready for a war. The longer we wait on the radiation the less risky things are. However, the radiation could kill s Or the option I think I am going to go with is radiation now and chemo later. This is a little riskier, because eventual there could be spinal nerve damage. However that may be years away, or never... hopefully. The prob with the chemo now is it may take longer for my neurological functions to come back, which are a problem now. So the sooner they come back will matter. The radiation should take affect now, it just has potential problems down the road. I think I'll worry about the here and now for a while through. Thoughts and prayers appreciated. Don't be afraid to ask any questions you have. Have a great night.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

J,

Thanks for putting everything out there for all of us to read. Certainly we all like the 80% chance better than the 10% chance but 10% is 1000% better than 0%. Besides since your talking to the big guy in charge of everything you should have the inside track.

As I read the options the medical team laid out for you I began to realize that you are making a decision about life, your life. What you are deciding at a very young age is something most of us will never have to face. My point is this, the wisdom, grace, dignity, fortitude, faith and love that you have, and have always had, is a beacon many of us can use as a guiding light.

Three days until Friday.

love,

Uncle Rick

p.s. As the song says, "you gotta keep on keepin' on"

Tim said...

JJ,

The news you received is very scary. We have been and will continue to keep praying. The power of prayer is an amazing thing.

The call you received yesterday from Jesus is probably the most important call any of us can ever receive and for that you are so blessed.

There is clearly fight left in you "dawg" so keep on fighting.

The infamous Vince Lombardi once said,

"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle-victorious."

Whether the cancer goes away or not Justin, you clearly will be victorious in the battle. For you are amazing, you truly are.

Go Jesus and Go Justin!! The J & J boys.

I love you man.

Tim

Anonymous said...

Hey buddy, I admire you more than anything... you're faith is unbelievable and I know you will keep fighting throughout all of this! I'm glad Kyle could be there for you this past weekend to lift your spirits and it's very exciting Rick's coming on Friday, how long is he staying?? It'd be great to see him when I get back on Monday. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing you then, too! I love you JJ and I'm praying for you every day! Stay strong and keep looking to God for that strength... Love you!!

- Chantel

Anonymous said...

JJ,
There is nothing that I can say that your two wise uncles have not already said. Just know that I love you and support you and will continually pray for you (my friends and support system are praying for you, friend of those friends are praying for you as the power of prayer truly is amazing.) Your fight and determination are admirable. Know that we are all your soldiers going with you to war, and although we are not on the front lines of battle, we are all here for you, fighting with you.
Thanks for continually posting updated information as I am sure that alone proves difficult. Continue to look to the Lord our God for strength. What a friend we have in Jesus.

Love always,
Tami

Anonymous said...

"And David, armed only with his shepard's staff and sling, went out to fight the giant Philistine Goliath. Goliath walked out toward David with his shield bearer ahead of him, sneering in contempt at this ruddy-faced boy. 'Am I a dog,' he roared at David, 'that you come at me with a stick? Come over here, and I'll give your flesh to the birds and wild animals.' David shouted in reply, 'You come to me with sword, spear, and javelin, but I come to you in the name of the LORD Almighty. Today the LORD will conquer you....And everyone will know the LORD does not need weapons to rescue his people. It is his battle, not ours.'

As Goliath moved closer to attack, David quickly ran out to meet him. Reaching into his shepherd's bag, David took out a stone and flung it, and struck the Philistine on the head. And he fell to the ground."

Anonymous said...

Every day I pray: "Dear God, please make JJ well now. Give him strength to heal, destroy all adverse side effects of his treatments and remove the cancer from his body. Thank you God for all your wonderful blessings"!!!

You will kick this! Your heart and soul are strong and together with Christ, you will win!

Love you -

Kim

Shanny said...

JJ,
I am so in awe of your strength, faith and courage JJ! How blessed we are to have your amazing spirit touch our lives everyday. We will continue to pray for you as you keep up the fight we love you so much
Auntie

Anonymous said...

JJ,
Jeff told me about your blog last night and he sent me the link today. This is absolutely amazing. Thank you so much for sharing everything.

I can sense the joy in your heart when you talk about Kyle visiting and it just makes me so happy.

You're in my thoughts and prayers all the time.

Looking forward to seeing you next time you're in CO.

God bless,
-Andy L.

p.s. Both Lubansky boys got XM radio for Christmas so we're pumped for the baseball season. Go Twins!

Anonymous said...

JJ...

Dad and I think that Tim and Rick and Tami couldn't have said it better than they did. You have been such an inspiration to all of us. Your sense of humor is amazing and darn right hilarious...a dog with 2 peters, I mean, come on...Only you JJ, only you can come up with something like that.

WE ARE SO EXCITED TO SEE YOU ON FRIDAY!!! KEEP ON ROCKIN, JJ.

much love and smiley faces
:) :) :) :) :) :)

love always,
Dandy Randy
and Cart

Shanny said...

hey justin!
this is acually alexa:-)
im sure mom already told you but we had a big game friday.we went into over time and lost! it was horrible!!! their was 24 sec left and it was tied and i drove he middle and made it.when they they stoped the clock their was 19 sec left.all we had to do was hold them and my friend turned it over and they scored.after that everybody seemed to give up.i had 24 points and my first 3 pointer but it wasnt enough.now were not sure if were in the playoffs and we have a big game friday.ill email after the game and tell you all about it.i hope you now im thinkin about you and my class is prayin for you everyday.ill talk to ya later. luv ya!!! alexa

Anonymous said...

hi justin,

this is carolyn (mai) weiland's sister. just writing to let you know that I am aware of your situation. firstly, i am very heartbroken knowing that you and your family are going through this. secondly, i too will ask for prayer support from those close to me. thirdly, keep trusting in Him for more fight. you are supported by many.

christine

Anonymous said...

Sup Duder,
Man, I've been praying for you every day. We had the best times growing up and hanging out in Colorado. Hopefully there will be many more to come. I'll see you soon.
Love,
Chad

Anonymous said...

J,

You have been a true friend throughout the years and a prime example of how to carry yourself in the good times and the bad. You have touched many lives and brought god's light in your actions to people in Minnesota and Colorado (more than you will ever know). The whole Morris family has you in their prayers. I will give you a call tomorrow and look forward to seeing you soon. You were my big brother when I knew nobody in Colorado and I thank you for everything you've done for me.

Love,
Dan

Anonymous said...

Kuke-a-berra,
You are the stongest most gracious person I have ever met. If anyone can beat this you can. You are in my thoughts and prayers everyday Kuke. I love you!

Lizzy