Sunday, October 10, 2004

What happened to Allan Anderson?

The funny thing about researching baseball is how easily one can get sidetracked. Today as I was looking to conclude my study on Derek Jeter, I began to wonder what happened to Allan Anderson. For those of you who are not familiar with the Allan Anderson, he was a promising young left-handed pitcher for Minnesota Twins 16 years ago. However, if you blinked you would have missed his entire career.



Allan Anderson was a 2nd round pick for the Twins out of high school in Ohio. Anderson went 16-9 with a 2.45 ERA and a 1.18 WHIP in 1988. This appeared to be the start of a brilliant career as he followed it up with another impressive season in ’89 going 17-10 with a 3.80 ERA. However, his next two seasons were another story as he combined for a 12-29 record with a 4.70 ERA. After six short seasons his career was over.

This led me to wonder what happened to Allan Anderson. I searched the web and tried using baseball library for an explanation. None was given. I know he kicked around a few other farm systems, but never reemerged in big leagues. How could a guy with so much promise have never been given another shot?

If anyone has any information on the whereabouts of Allan Anderson please contact me using my blog or via email at justin.kukowski@gmail.com.

No comments: