Saturday, October 23, 2004

Mixing It Up With Music

I decided to add a new dimension to my blog. Once a week I will sit down and do a feature on a couple bands that I listen to. I will give a small intro and then look at some of my favorite songs/albums by them.

Less Than Jake
One band that I have always admired is Less Than Jake. These guys bring a sound to the table that no other band can match.



Less Than Jake formed in a the early 1990's with three members (pretty common for a punk band), but added a trombone player and baritone saxophone player to give them a great ska sound. This song is off of their third full length album Borders and Boundaries and is titled Look What Happened. This is my favorite Less Than Jake record, but highly recommend checking them all out.

this is an audio post - Less Than Jake


You can check out more of their songs or their website by clicking on the links below.

Less Than Jake

Less Than Jake Songs



Mad Caddies
Since I have arleady started with a ska band I will stay on the same wave length this week. The Mad Caddies are another of one my personal favorites.



These kats recorded their first record just out of high school, Quality Soft Core. They're a band that brings tons of energy to the floor with a whopping 10 members in their group. The first song featured here is from Duck and Cover and is titled Macho Nachos. The second is titled Drinking for 11 and is off their Live From Toronto record but was originally put out on Just One More.

this is an audio post - Mad Caddies


this is an audio post - Mad Caddies


You can check more Mad Caddies stuff out at the link below.

Mad Caddies

Hope you all enjoy this little taste of ska/punk music. These bands are both rad to see live, eventhough they're getting a little older. I would recommend buying every record they've put out. I have purchased them at all some point and have not been disappointed. Stay tuned for next weeks feature.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you!
[url=http://pjgerdfa.com/dqzb/pgyp.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://vwopctgh.com/zamh/ivqk.html]Cool site[/url]

Anonymous said...

Nice site!
My homepage | Please visit

Anonymous said...

Great work!
http://pjgerdfa.com/dqzb/pgyp.html | http://ijvwdfdh.com/knom/subo.html